Saturday, April 7, 2012

weekend to-do list

  • make a delicious pasta salad (green pepper, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, red onion, artichokes, and a smattering of red pepper flakes + sundried tomato dressing).

IMG_0765

  • thrift a crockpot for $10 and make the best (and creamiest) homemade hummus ever.

IMG_0756

  • explore the outdoors with a squirrel-chasing poodle who never catches squirrels [be thankful for that].

IMG_0777

  • be outside as much as possible because it’s the weekend, and you don’t have to be attached to a phone or computer.

IMG_0776

  • run 7 miles and make a stop by the beach just because it’s there.

IMG_0468

  • start to adjust to a new OS…see ya later, dell [I think this will be a good switch]. :)

IMG_0775

What are you doing this weekend? I’m so thankful for the chance to relax!

Happy easter everyone!

0

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Emily!
    I love your vintage crockpot :) I need one of those! I made hummus yesterday, with edamame. Have you ever tried that? It was a HUGE hit!
    Enjoy your internet free weekend (I need one of those, really bad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great to-do list! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I could go for some hummus now! That pasta salad looks great too. My weekend was filled with catching up with my husband since he was away for 6 weeks. We watched movies and just hung out at home, which was a good idea because it was snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh crock pot hummus, i'm going to have to look into that!

    i'll be interested to hear about your mac adventures...the more i see them, the more interested i am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Mac world. I know you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to make hummus in a crockpot! What a cool idea :)

    I'm pretty jealous you can run by the beach, that must be totally amazing. Good luck with your new computer! My boy switched to a Mac about 3 years ago and now he only buys Apple products :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am totally doing the same - going for long walks and turning off my facebook/twitter/email notifications! it's been such a relieving two weeks actually. :) and yay for MACS! hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to be home on this sunny weekend! I have a run and a bike ride planned and then I'm spending time in my kitchen to make a variety of fun things! I also need to get my spring and summer wardrobe out of storage (oh apartment living!).

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!