Sunday, July 17, 2011

check 1,2,3…

I’ve started this post a few dozen times over the past month, but life has been pretty busy lately. I’m hoping things will become a little less crazy soon. Some recent things:

Spending quality time with my favorite twin sister…

IMG_1512

Making whole wheat oatmeal waffles…I don’t make waffles often, so I kind of forgot how awesome they are. As if I needed one more reason to love weekends.

 IMG_1424    

Experimenting with more lentil recipes…

 IMG_1457

This lentil salad is really easy to make. And it makes a lot, so it’s best to have a dinner party or expect to eat a ton of leftovers.

IMG_1468 

I made my own French Vinaigrette dressing, which was also super easy. Definitely one of those meals that is a lifesaver after a long work day.

IMG_1494 

And I’m home in West Michigan for a week, spending most all of my time here. The beach is definitely one of the best things about my hometown. Who wouldn’t love a running route that ends here?!

photo (2)

What have you been up to lately?!

Back soon! It’s supposed to be in the 90s this week, so I forsee lots of smoothies and homemade ice cream in the future.

0

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're still alive and enjoying the summer, Emily! I've missed your blog posts. I'm sure you're busy with the "new" job, and all the summer-fun. I haven't been doing many summer things because of all the time I've spent at work, but I get a nice vacation (stay-cation) soon, and I'm pretty pumped about it!
    Yeah, 90's....UGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been busy with wedding preparations lately! :)

    enjoy your stay at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you have a twin sister! How lucky :)

    I LOVE lentils! Lately I have been WORKING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep forgetting that you are a twin! i have so many twins in the blogworld. i'm seeing my twin next week :). the lentil salad looks delicious!! i'm all about colors in salads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your posts! And YAY for twin sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm loving summery lentil salads--except when i overcook my lentils and end up with a huge mush!
    have a great & relaxing time at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds a little crazy experimenting with soup in this scorching summer heat but I just tried a vegetarian lentil barley soup yesterday in the crockpot and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back!! hope you've enjoyed your time offline :) and hopefully temps are cooler in MI than STL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just had lentils today! What a coinsidence! Now I want to make waffles so our days could be twins! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with lentils. Seriously. I use them in most everything. This recipe sounds fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waffles are amazing...they should be incorporated into life much more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're doing well, Emily. :-)
    And I hope homemade ice-cream has been frequently enjoyed during your brief hiatus. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ditto on the craziness! Glad you are enjoying your summer :) We've been pretty mild here with temps in the 100-105s. I've been trying to get ready for the wedding coming up way too soon. My friend gave me a butt-load of peaches from her tree and I want to make some ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to have to give waffles another go..since my first attempt was shear FAILURE! and yours turned out so perfect that it's inspiring me!

    Hope you have a gorgeous weekend gorgeous girl! You and your twin sis are so beautiful <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    I recently started a blog about healthy living. I went onto Google tonight to see if I Googled the name, if it would pop up. It didn't, but your blog did. I hope you don't mind, we have very similar blog names (mines Health Nut - Hold The Nut).

    Also I like your post and the pictures! I'm hoping to add some pictures to my blog soon as well. The waffles look delicious! Have a great day! ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!