Saturday, March 5, 2011

back in the loop

I was only without internet for a week, but I kinda feel like I’ve been disconnected from the world! I have a habit of starting each morning with the New York Times website (in an attempt to be more educated about world events) + coffee, and I’m a compulsive email checker.
IMG_0647
When I was home this past weekend, the most bizarre thing happened. In the midst of moving furniture, I left my wallet on the trunk of my dad’s car…and he drove off with it like that! I didn’t realize it until the next morning but miraculously found it in a snow bank. Everything was still there…just snowcovered.
IMG_0645
Moving, as expected, was a giant pain. But I have to say I LOVE having my own space. After being around patients and craziness all day, I just need Pandora and a clean apartment. And I can now walk to work, which is pretty fantastic.
IMG_0678
Other than that, I’m trying to up my vegetable intake to combat the effects of stress and increased exposure to all sorts of lovely germs. Bring on the kale smoothies…
IMG_0659
And I definitely tested out my oven this weekend by baking some banana bread. I think my new neighbors will love living next to me…maybe this will make up for playing my clarinet in the apartment (ha).
IMG_0675
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! More nutrition-related posts coming soon…promise.
0
p.s. another CSN review coming. Lately, I've been browsing their office furniture, especially since my desk chair got lost somewhere in transit during the move.

23 comments:

  1. Ooh that bread looks so moist and delicious

    Have a great Saturday love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back! maybe when you're all settled in you can post pics of your apartment? i love seeing how everyone decorates and is organized, particularly since i'm moving in 13 weeks (!!!) and will be starting from scratch with no furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you've been enjoying your own place!! If that's your bookshelf, I love all the colors ... very cute!

    And so glad you found your wallet, that could have been a disaster.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me some bread! :)

    Can we get a more full apartment tour sometime??

    ReplyDelete
  5. No internet for a WEEK? I would die ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. soo happy you found your wallet...i would completely freak out if i lost mine. and so smart to load up on veggies & green smoothies when you're stressed! im definitely going to make a conscious effort for more green in my life this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness your wallet didn't get far :) I've never had kale in a smoothie - what does it taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be your neighbor! :-)

    You sound like such a grown-up with your clean apartment and kale smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are enjoying a lot of the new job, new home and new life! I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you apartment looks so bright! lovely. gosh no internet for a week? i'm sure by the end it wasn't that bad but i think that i'd die for the first day hah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's AWESOME that you found your wallet!! Wow, you got lucky, for sure.

    Your apartment looks like it's coming together quite well. You're so creative, I need your help in my house!

    I hope the job is great so far. I bet your patients LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness you found your wallet! And homemade banana bread sounds SO good right about now... I'll be your neighbor any day! =P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Banana bread looks delicious! And it's so nice to see all those fresh colors in your salad even though you live in a snowy region. Yay for found wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a compulsive e-mail checker, too! Sometimes I'll have multiple windows with my email open in them. That's how you know you have an addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love fresh veggies + fruits :).... and banana bread!!! i seriously need to find a good banana recipe without the butter though, need to experiment around soon. hehe. hope you are loving ann arbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to hear that you settling well into your new home. I'm also glad to hear that your wallet is safe and sound with you, that is truly one of the most consuming things to replace. I'm sure your neighbors will love that you a good and healthy baker.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i can't BELIEVE you found your wallet still in tact with everything inside! you must have felt like a MILLION dollars haha

    i'm totally with you on the morning routine! it's so hard when things get disrupted but glad you're back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I know what you mean about life without the internet. I've been in the same situation for the last week and I didn't know what to do with myself minus internet (oh dear, that's quite sad really).
    That's so lucky about your wallet!
    Glad the move went well :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you got your wallet back!

    I feel pretty lost without Internet, too...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you're getting settled :) I would probably die if I didn't have the Internet for a week. I think I'm a little addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  21. glad you're getting settled in---it's nice to unplug sometimes! we're going on vacation next week and i can't wait to be a little mia from the rest of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for new beginnings. :) Sounds like you're off to a great start!

    I know what you mean about wanting to come home to an empty and clean apartment...sometimes I wish I lived by myself because all I want sometimes is to just have guaranteed alone time to relax and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you've found your own place! That's awesome. :) Good luck with everything.

    Yummm banana bread. I bet your neighbors love you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!