Saturday, February 26, 2011

still alive

I know I’ve been horrible at blogging lately! Life has been pretty crazy and stressful with the new job and getting to know Ann Arbor. I also just found a lease takeover and am moving into a different apartment this weekend, which is one of my least favorite things to do, but it’s a small price to pay for getting my own space.

So, my weekend started with this fantastic coffee, which is also sold in Ann Arbor, thank goodness.

 IMG_0594

If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that baking = a form of stress therapy for me. Needless to say, it was pretty wonderful to come home and make (and eat) cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

IMG_0599 

I don’t think my family minded too much either. I’m just trying to make sure everyone’s in a good mood when we unload box after box of vintage dishes on Monday.

IMG_0605

I also experimented with combining 2 random ingredients we had in the house: eggplant and polenta.

IMG_0612

I know it sounds like an interesting combination, but the recipe I used is actually Martha Stewart’s, and it was pretty good.

IMG_0642

Anyway, I foresee many culinary adventures and dinner parties in the future. And I’m excited to explore Ann Arbor’s local food scene, especially when it gets warmer.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend…

0

23 comments:

  1. If you haven't already, you have to try Seva Restaurant! So yum! And get the sweet potato fries. You won't regret it! :)

    http://www.sevarestaurant.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polenta and eggplant would actually be really good together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently drooling over the looks of those cinnamon rolls ... yum!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is always a little stressful, but good thing your family can help! Rooting for you in the new job Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. pleased your well, starting a new adventure in your life, love your love of good coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like life is keeping you busy! That's great to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE cinnamon rolls!! Good luck with moving... that's definitely stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new apartment! I know moving is a huge pain, but once you're in you will love it I'm sure (despite the fact that it's in Ann Arbor...). I hope the job is going well so far, I can't wait to start reading posts about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how exciting for you! i hate moving too - mostly just the act of moving furniture, deciding where everything goes and organizing can be fun! i'm moving at the beginning of june, and luckily don't have any furniture to take with me . . . i'll be starting from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm cinnamon rolls. those look so much better than the ones they serve at my school haha
    good luck with moving, I just moved into a single and only just recently recovered from the post-move disorganization! Getting your own space is important!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh baking is my stress therapy too :). so many hidden food gems in ann arbor! first stop - kerrytown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you cinnamon buns are gorgeous!! i just tried to make some but my yeast was bad & my dough never rose :( oh well..will have to repeat sometime soon. i love the eggplant polenta idea as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i always love the pictures you post. they always look so light and cheery. hopefully some of that cheer will take over your life and you de-stress a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with moving! Enjoy getting to know Ann Arbor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all of the settling in and learning about your new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad that you are feeling more settled in. Moving is the pits. Those cinnamon rolls look absolutely delicious!!

    ~Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally get what you mean about having too little time to post! It's the worst because I'll really want to post but literally have no time!

    Anywho, your cinnamon rolls look bomb. Love it!! And the polenta/eggplant combo sounds really fab; totally random but super good sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I just say how much I love your pictures?? The rounded corners are just awesome. Maybe I'm a dork. :P Anyway, it all looks awesome! I've never tried polenta... maybe I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh man...cinnamon rolls! I need to try making those soon...

    ReplyDelete
  20. those cinnamon rolls look perfect! you baked those bad boys from scratch?!! Yummy and I would never think to combine eggplant and polenta but I bet it was great! I found out making your own polenta is super easy, fast and cheap but I haven't made it in awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

    Good luck with moving to different apt.!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh yes, i can see many lovely sinner parties and culinary adventures to be had in the near future for you as well!!! <3 <3

    now, i must stare at these delicious cinnamon buns a little longer :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love cinnamon rolls. They look amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. those cinnamon rolls look heavenly!

    If you like, you can submit your pretty food photos to http://www.healthfreakfood.com it's a new photo sharing site for health foodies :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!