Monday, October 25, 2010

indiana roadtrip

Last week was crazy…thus, the lack of posting! The clean eating class went really well. Thanks for all of your suggestions! I ended up using some giant newsprint, printed signs, and lots of construction paper. I dare you to try and write out bullet points by hand when you are a perfectionist…it won’t work, and you’ll waste a lot of paper.

DSCF4362

I blame part of this on my writing style: I slant all of my words to the left. In school, they were always telling us to slant to the right, so naturally I decided that slanting to the left would be a good time.

It was really fun to discuss sustainability and local food with my class, especially when those topics aren’t too popular around here.

DSCF4368

On Friday, I headed to Indianapolis to see one of my best friends get married. I saw friends that I haven’t seen for quite some time, so that was nice.

DSCF4385

I know other bloggers have brought up the topic of eating lifestyles at weddings, specifically what you do when your eating lifestyle isn’t represented by wedding food. I prefer not to eat meat that isn’t local or organic, but I can pretty much always find something to eat without being tacky. I really believe that you can stick to your values in all sorts of settings.

So many great memories with these girls. My friend Lindsay and I were actually the wedding singers (we used to sing together in college), so that was pretty fun, too.

DSCF4388

I visited Hipsterville aka Bloomington on the way home from the wedding and ate the best homemade pumpkin ice cream.

DSCF4400

We also went to a neat local food restaurant called Farm. Bloomington is full of these kinds of places, which is fantastic. I was a huge fan of the teal chairs, too.

DSCF4412

I had some epic pumpkin soup. I’m pretty sure it had real cream in it and also blended apples. Fall is most definitely soup weather.

DSCF4423

I took this photo on the way home. Only if you are a blogger and your camera is an extension of your arm should you ever attempt this while driving. :)

DSCF4425

Looking forward to catching up on everyone’s blogs!

0

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, homemade pumpkin ice cream? That sounds delicious.

    I totally want to visit Hipsterville/Bloomington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous picture. Wow. that reminds me of a rainbow I saw last summer with my dad, right after we walked out of a wedding, actually.

    Glad you had a nice weekend. Your poster looks great. I always type instead of write, because like you, I am never happy with how my handwriting turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you rocked that taking pictures while driving thing ; )

    I agree, I think it's possible to stick to your own eating habits regardless of where you are and you don't have to be rude or tacky in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun week you've had! Pumpkin ice cream sounds AMAZING. Love the rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. homemade pumpkin ice cream sounds heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that ice cream and soup sound delish! I <3 pumpkin anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that rainbow is breathtaking! yes, the things bloggers do for pix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome photo!! Love that you filled your weekend with all things pumpkin :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like you had an awesome time at the wedding and so cool that you were the wedding singer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy your clean eating class went well! I didn't realize Bloomington was such a hipster town... makes me want to visit.

    We definitely share the pumpkin obsession :) pumpkin ice cream sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I'm still entertained by your "slanting to the left to knock the system" theory. Atta girl!

    And that is a gorgeous rainbow--glad you were able to snap a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to hear you had a great weekend!! i know what you mean about wedding receiptions: super fun, but the food won't necessarily align with your typical eating habits. i'm almost- vegetarian/almost-vegan, who doesn't eat anything fried so yeah...i'm pretty high maintenance. if you have any tips on how to survive the embarrassment, i'd love to hear about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww what a great weekend!! I LOVE random road trips! wedding receptions are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely trip adore weddings :-) one day we will see Emily's on here lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!